The promise of a sunny day brings with it a high state of excitement and relaxation in a country where the summer months don’t come with a guarantee of hot weather. Dusty BBQs are dragged out of sheds, picnics are back, and windows and doors are thrown open to welcome the summer breeze. Therein lies the security problem, and the perfect opportunity for thieves. Even if you don’t forget to close a window at night, bolder criminals might even take advantage of easy access to your valuables in broad daylight.
North Yorkshire Police offer the following advice to avoid a theft in warmer weather:
- Keep the front and back doors locked and windows closed as much as
possible, also on cars.
- If windows are open, keep them on the latch so that they cannot be
opened further from outside.
- Keep valuables and keys out of sight and well away from front or back
doors where they may be easily reached.
- Keep side gates locked.
- Put away garden tools, ladders etc. after use so they cannot be used
to gain access.
- Use a strong lock on sheds, garages and other outbuildings and bolt
hinges on for additional security.
- Consider fitting outdoor security lighting.
- Keep an eye on neighbouring properties.
- If you see anything suspicious contact police on 101.
Remember that if you are a victim of theft but there is no sign of break-in as the thief has gained access through an open window, you may be unable to claim. Check your home insurance policy details for more information.
Whatever type of insurance you’re looking for, arranging your cover through an independent insurance broker – rather than a do-it-yourself price comparison site – is your best bet when it comes to finding the right level of cover at the right price.
On the face of it, price comparison sites offer great deals, especially when cost is the main consideration. But dig a bit deeper, and there are lots of reasons why using a broker can prove a very wise choice. The main benefits include:
- you’ll get truly independent advice from the professionals
- they’ll work hard on your behalf and shop around to get you the best deal
- experienced staff with specialist knowledge of their chosen insurance sector
- a broker knows the insurance market and recognises when you’re getting value for money and can negotiate on your behalf
- you get personal advice and support, and have an insurance expert “in your corner” with your best interests in mind
- you can ask questions, air concerns and get advice and recommendations – but still have the final say
- you learn about the pros and cons of each option in a way you can understand
- unlike an agent, an insurance broker deals with many companies, not just one, so they can find you the best value
- insurance brokers are extremely well qualified, and must meet very high professional standards
- in-house claims support is available if the worst happens
The personal touch
There’s nothing quite like dealing with someone who takes the time to get to know you and your circumstances. Independent insurance brokers provide that personal touch. At the same time, customers still benefit from competitive rates and some of the best deals that the broker can negotiate because of their established relationships with the UK’s leading insurers.
For peace of mind and a great deal on your insurance, call your CiSL today on 01737 373222 or Visit http://www.cisl.co